Orientation and Training Week
Is God calling you?
WIM Orientation & Training Week in New Braunfels, Texas, is your launching pad into world missions. Each day is packed with valuable information that will help you step out and begin to fulfill your calling. Seasoned WIM missionaries, drawing from decades of experience, will answer your questions regarding cross-cultural ministry and show you the steps to the mission field.
The staff works hard to introduce you to the WIM family, our vision and core values, and to give you an overview of the training program. You will learn how to build a ministry support team and raise financial support, identify and develop your spiritual gifts, and much more. You will want to begin this process as soon as possible.
Some topics we discuss:
- Cultural Adaptation
- Selfcare, Stress and Burnout
- Effective Team Communication
- Cross-Cultural Ministry
- Budgeting and Debt
- Ministry Support Team Building
- Vision and Personal Strategy
- Conflict Resolution
- Ethnographic Research
- Language Learning
DATE: June 20-25, 2021
COST: $400 per single or $650 per couple, additional adult children that will be attending $250
Registration fee includes food, lodging, and study materials and the $50 per person, non-refundable registration deposit.
Have children? Due to the intensity of class work, please make arrangements for your children in advance. Childcare is not provided.
Our heart for you
We want to work with you in your journey from being called to serving on the mission field.
How to begin:
- We would like to get to know you and hear what you sense the Lord is leading you to do. Begin the process by completing our preliminary questionnaire. We will contact you to introduce ourselves and start a conversation with you about your calling, and how WIM can assist you in fulfilling that calling.
- After you submit the completed application packet you receive from us, we will arrange for a series of interviews. When everything is in place, you will be given a link to register for the Orientation and Training Week. Complete the registration form with your $50 (per person) deposit to secure your place.
Any questions? Contact the WIM Training Department.