We encourage each missionary and trainee to read as many missions books as possible, especially those on this list and other books by these same authors. You may also find good missionary biographies or autobiographies in your church library.
- Burke, T. Anointed for Burial. Plainfield, NJ: Logos International, 1977.
- McGavran, Donald. The Bridges of God. London: World Dominion Press, 1981.
- Olson, Bruce. Bruchko. Orlando, FL: Creation House, 1989.
- Loss, Myron. Culture Shock. Middleburg, PA: Encouragement Ministries, 1985.
- Richardson, Don. Eternity in Their Hearts. Ventura, CA: Regal Books, 1985. Shibley, David. A Force on the Earth. Orlando, FL: Creation House, 1989.
- Tucker, Ruth. From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1983.
- Greenway, Roger S. Guidelines For Urban Church Planting. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1976.
- Hodges, Melvin. The Indigenous Church & The Missionary. South Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library, 1978.
- Brock, Charles. Indigenous Church Planting: A Practical Turn. Neosho, MO: Church Growth Int’l, 1994.
- Cunningham, Loren. Is That Really You, God? YWAM Publishing, 1996.
- Piper, John. Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1993.
- Richardson, Don. Lords of the Earth. Ventura, CA: Regal Books, 1979.
- Richardson, Don. Peace Child. Ventura, CA: Regal Books, 1975.
- Livingston, Greg. Planting Churches in Muslim Cities. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1993.
- Carre, Captain E. G. Praying Hyde, Apostle of Prayer: The Life Story of John Hyde. S. Plainfield, NJ: Bridge, 1982.
- Wimber, John. Power Evangelism. San Francisco, CA: Harper & Row, 1986.
- Rust, Brian and Barry McLeish. The Support Raising Handbook: A Guide for Christian Workers. Downers, Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 1984
- Dawson, John. Taking Our City For God. Orlando, FL: Creation House, 1992.
- Elliot, Elisabeth. Through Gates of Splendor. Wheaton, IL: Living Books, 1981.
- Bevere, John. Under Cover: The Promise of Protection Under His Authority. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2001.
- Warren, Rick. The Purpose-Driven Life. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2002.
William Carey Library
P.O. Box 40129
Pasadena, CA 91114